'Cnoc an Theine', a home from home!
Completed in 2004 the cottage is a spacious, cosy and well equipped home from home. From its lofty position high above the sea the views are superb from all round the house, so don't forget to bring your camera! The feeling of space in all the rooms matches the amazing open spaces around the house.
Full details of the accommodation and facilities are shown below the gallery, and if you should need further information to help plan your holiday please do get in touch!
Click on an image to see a larger photo, and then click the arrow to see the next one.
- Three spacious bedrooms including a double bedroom on the ground floor, and a twin and a double on the first floor
- Light and airy living room with two comfortable sofas, dining table and chairs and Freeview television
- DVD/Video and CD players and selection of books, games and videos/dvd's
- All linen and towels are included
- Oil fired central heating throughout with the added enjoyment of a wood-burning stove in the lounge
- A beautiful sun deck area at the front of the house with stunning views across the Sound of Sleat
- Storage space in the ground floor hallway for outdoor clothes and boots
- Large entrance porch to keep out the occasional gust of wind!
- Modern fully fitted kitchen, equipped with dishwasher, fridge-freezer, double oven, electric touch-tone hob (suitable for those guests with special needs), microwave and washing machine, dining table and chairs
- Ground floor tiled bathroom, off of the main entrance hall, with bath and walk-in shower, suitable for disabled access
- First floor shower room, toilet and hand basin
- Fully inclusive of all energy charges and a supply of logs is available for the stove
- Complimentary satellite broadband for wi-fi enabled laptops and tablets. The passcode is available on arrival. We operate a Fair Usage policy so please be considerate for following guests when downloading data from the internet.
- We are delighted to welcome guests with special needs and have made every effort to ensure facilities are available for wheelchair users
- Ramped access to the lounge from the parking area behind the cottage
- All electrical switches, shower and doors are special needs friendly
- At 'Cnoc an Theine' we would like to think that, like our guests, we are doing our bit to protect the environment, so one or two things would help
- Be mindful that water in Skye is always in short supply, so do please ensure that no water is wasted unnecessarily
- Recycle as much as possible using the blue recycle bins, for cans, plastic bottles, paper, cardboard, food wrapping but no plastic bags or glass. Bottles banks are available at Armadale Pier, Sabhal Mor Ostaig and Broadford Co-Op
- Please switch off lights and other appliances when not needed
- Where possible please try to use eco-friendly cleaning products
- Please ensure that the wood-burning stove is not left unattended at any time
- Be considerate of others and clear up any waste left by your dog
- Use the Highland Council recycling banks at Armadale Pier, Sabhal Mor Ostaig or Co-Op at Broadford for all glass bottles
- The cottage is a no-smoking environment so please consider others
We have tried to think of everything to make your stay in the cottage as comfortable as possible, but if you do have a question or need any further information please do call us or drop us an email.
We look forward to welcoming you to 'Cnoc an Theine', our corner of 'Tranquil Skye'.